- 2 slices of When Pigs Fly sourdough bread
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: sliced tomato, lettuce, mustard
1. Preheat grill or pan at medium-high heat.
2. Brush the chicken breast with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill the chicken for 6-8 minutes per side, until fully cooked.
4. While the chicken is grilling, brush the red onion and red bell pepper with olive oil and grill until charred and softened, about 4-5 minutes.
5. Toast When Pigs Fly bread slices on the grill for 1-2 minutes per side, until lightly charred.
6. Assemble the sandwich by spreading mashed avocado on one side of the bread, then layering the grilled chicken, grilled red onion and bell pepper, and any other desired toppings.