- 1 loaf of When Pigs Fly Sourdough
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Slice the sourdough bread into 1/2-inch thick slices and place them on a baking sheet. Brush each slice with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake the bread slices for 10-12 minutes, or until they are crispy and lightly golden.
- While the bread is toasting, prepare the tomato topping. In a mixing bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, minced garlic, chopped basil, and extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the bread slices are toasted, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool slightly.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over each slice of bread, spreading it out evenly.
- Serve the immediately, garnished with additional basil leaves if desired. Enjoy!