Using When Pigs Fly Savory Cranberry Bread in your Thanksgiving turkey stuffing is a delicious way to mix things up this holiday season! Here's a recipe for a stuffing that incorporates this unique bread:
- 1 loaf of When Pigs Fly Savory Cranberry Bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 to 3 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spread the cubed When Pigs Fly Savory Cranberry Bread on a baking sheet and toast it in the preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until the bread cubes are lightly golden. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and celery, sautéing until they become soft and translucent.
- Add the minced garlic, sage, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir well to combine and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the herbs are fragrant.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the toasted bread cubes, sautéed vegetables, dried cranberries, and chopped pecans (if using).
- Gradually pour the chicken or turkey broth over the mixture, stirring gently to moisten the bread. Add enough broth to achieve your desired stuffing consistency.
- Once the stuffing is well-moistened, add the beaten eggs and mix until everything is evenly combined.
- Transfer the stuffing to a greased baking dish.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the stuffing is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving turkey stuffing with the delightful flavors of When Pigs Fly Savory Cranberry Bread!